Hey Health nuts!
So I wanted to update you all on my sugar-free journey. It has been 3 weeks without sugar and I FEEL GREAT. I have had a couple of caves (my friend and I made dinner for our boys, and made cupcakes…I HAD TO TRY ONE). We are all human, and it is important to remember to stick to a goal 90% of the time. There is always wiggle room… I mean, we are all human :)photo
Lately, I have been really into cauliflower. I mean, you can make so many delicious things with it!! Throw it in the oven and roast it, make Cauliflower Buffalo wings, blend it up to make Creamy Cauliflower Soup, or lately, my personal favorite, Cauliflower BREAD!
This stuff is like crack. I honestly can’t stop making it or eating it. I’ve seen lots of different recipes, lots including cheese, or other ingredients. Since I’m no longer eating dairy, I wanted to omit the cheese and see how it came out… the answer is AWESOME.
Dairy Free Cauliflower Bread
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/4 flour of choice (I used quinoa flour)
- 2 egg whites
- desired spices (I like basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- First, pre-heat over to 350-400 degrees (depending on your oven).
- Break cauliflower into florets. Lightly blend until you get a “rice like” consistency.
- Option 1: Wrap cauliflower in a dish towel, and squeeze as much of the water out as you can. Option 2: Transfer cauliflower to paper towels (lay them on a plate or a cutting board, about 4 sheets thick), top with another 4 paper towels and press out as much of the water you can.
- Next, transfer mixture to a sheet that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Press mixture out flat to that you get a pizza pie shape
- Keep an eye on it. Take it out of the oven when the edges are browned (about 20 minutes)
I love to spread 1/4 avocado and some drops of hot sauce.
other ideas: Top with tomato sauce, your favorite veggies and continue to make until you get a pizza!
Spread some hummus on top
Add your favorite fillings, and eat it like a wrap
SO MANY OPTIONS!!!