My wedding is 16 days, 12 hours, 51 minutes, and 11 seconds away, but whose really counting?! With the big day right around the corner, I have been trying to be extremely conscious of what I am eating. I want to feel and look amazing, and I know that the best way to do that is to be super strict for the next two weeks!
Well, what am I supposed to do if I am craving a delicious dessert?! The obvious answer: come up with a vegetable based, delicious concoction, that tastes EXACTLY like rice pudding! (DUHHHH)!!!!!
I use cauliflower rice all the time. It’s no secret that it is my favorite grain substitute:
Although I have used Cauliflower multiple times in savory dishes, I have never utilized it as a dessert ingredient…until yesterday!
Even I was skeptical when I was making this. I was sure that the cauliflower flavor would be too strong. I WAS SO WRONG!!! You can’t taste the cauliflower at all, and the pudding is creamy, chewy, and perfectly sweet. I was especially obsessed with the texture of this dessert. I seriously had a hard time not eating the whole thing while I was photographing! You may even see that I had to smooth out the pudding in some of the photos because I couldn’t resist sneaking bites!
This is the perfect dessert for someone who is watching their waste line. This rice pudding is fat free, paleo, vegetarian, gluten free, sugar free and AWESOME.
Cauliflower Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3½ cups Riced Cauliflower (I used trader joes pre-ricedfrozen cauliflower)
- 1 cup boxed coconut milk (almond, rice, etc will work too)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 packets stevia (or more depending on your sweetpreference)
- ¼ cup Boxed egg whites
- Combine 1½ cup cauliflower with milk to a sauce pan, turn to medium heat
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer (about 4-5minutes)
- Add remaining ½ cup cauliflower until you get desired consistency (you may not use it all)
- Turn flame to low
- Stir constantly until thickened (about 4-5 minutes)
- Cover and allow to continues to thickenENJOY!*It's best if you refrigerate over night!
If you are skeptical about this pudding, go make some so I can prove you wrong! SERIOUSLY! This is the definition of a GUILT FREE DESSERT… so go enjoy!