Ever since I stopped eating gluten, the food I miss the most is pizza. In my opinion, pizza is the best food ever invented. I am a huge fan of sauce and cheese, but I was always a crust kinda girl. Weird? Yea probably, but I always loved eating pizza with people who would leave the crust. I would steal every bit, every time, without fail.
The challenge today, is creating a dairy free pizza crust that is satisfying. I wasn’t born yesterday… I know that no “healthy” pizza crust will ever be the same as the one from my favorite neighborhood pizza joint. That doesn’t mean that I can’t find some sort of acceptable substitution!
Cauliflower pizza crust is blowing up the internet. There are millions of recipes boasting the best cauliflower pizza crust. Most of these recipes have cheese… LOTS of cheese. My challenge was to create a cheese-less pizza crust, that still had great texture, flavor, and taste! I did it….
*no your eyes are not deceiving you, there are two different pizzas photographed. I initially made one yesterday, but lost the light while I was photographing… (blogger problems). I was FORCED to make it again today, and decided to use different toppings!
Vegan Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower (About ½Head Cauliflower)
- 1 tbs Chia + 2 Chia Eggs (See Note)*
- ¼ cup Quinoa Flour (Or Flour OfChoice)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Fennel
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Parsley
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast
- Pre-head oven to 450 degrees
- Create 2 chia eggs and allow to form in the fridge
- Break cauliflower into florets
- Lightly blend until you get a “rice like” consistency- (makes about 2 cups)
- Using a cheese cloth or a dishtowel, squeeze excess water from cauliflower
- Transfer to a bowl and combine remaining ingredients
- Once your chia eggs are done, add and mix completely
- On a sprayed baking sheet, spread out "dough" and form your desired pizza shape
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (the edges will have turned brown)
- Remove from oven and add your favorite sauce and toppings
- Put back in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.ENJOY!
This is definitely a large pizza, but if you want to eat the whole thing by yourself, go for it! If you want to share (I don’t) that’s really nice of you.