Hi, I’m Synthia. I have a blog called “Cookies to Kale”, and have never made a KALE COOKIE.
You guys, how have I not done this before?!
This morning I did, and the result was
I will admit, when I first began combining the ingredients, I was skeptical. I honestly thought there was no way that the kale would go undetected. I anticipated a cookie that tasted a little bit delicious…and a little bit like grass.
I was wrong.
These tasted just like my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Soft, chewy, chocolatey, banana-y (is that a word?) and just plain yummy!
I’d imagine these would be great to bake with kids! They are easy to make, and they hide those green veggies that are hard to get little ones to eat.
Chewy Vegan Kale Cookies
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 TBS egg white (or ½ chia egg)
- ½ cup oat flour (or flour of choice)
- ½ cup kale finely chopped
- 2 TBS coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ banana mashed
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBS hemp seeds
- ½ TBS chia
- 2 packets stevia
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- optional: nuts, raisins, seeds etc.
- Preheat oven to 380 Degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix completely
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out cookies and place on bakingsheet
- cook for about 13-15 minutes
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutesENJOY!
I really love these. They’re great as an after dinner sweet, or even as a quick grab and go breakfast!
On another note:
Some friends have been requesting recipes that they want to see “health-a-fied”. I’d love to put this out to everyone! Leave a comment below if you’ve got a favorite dish that you would like to see transformed into something healthy.