Ever get a crazy craving for Italian food? I do all the time. It’s actually one of my favorite types of cuisine!
I’ve also always loved creamy sauces. The heavier the better! Unfortunately, eating all of those white carbs, fatty sauces, and cheese toppings, will not lend to my wedding dress fitting the way I would like (did I mention I’m getting married in 5 months?!?!?!)
Fortunately, eating this is absolutely wedding dress approved….
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- ½ large head cauliflower (cut into large flowerettes)
- 1-2 cups milk of choice (unsweetened almond, coconut etc.)
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini (spiralized, or simply sliced into thin disks)
- toppings of choice (I used roasted red pepper and artichoke hearts)
- Optional :Nutritional Yeast or Parm. cheese
- In a large pot, steam cauliflower and garlic clove.
- Once cauliflower is steamed through, drain water, and transfer to a blender.
- Add ½-1cup of coconut milk, salt and pepper and blend on high.
- To get desired consistency and taste, add more milk/ salt and pepper.
- Blend until a smooth sauce is created.
Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add zucchini and chosen toppings. Cook until warm hot.
**To create noodle like zucchini, I use a Paderno Spiralizer. It is DEFINITELY worth getting!
Transfer zucchini etc. to a plate. Top with desired amount of cauliflower sauce.