So we have survived the “snowpocalypse” here in NYC. I will say that it was a nice day in. Since none of the public transportation was running here, I was kind of stuck in our apartment. That meant that I had no excuse to create some awesome things!!! Awesome My friend Jane over at Fit for Broadway and I are collaborating to create our very first e-book!!! We are so excited to share our outlook on healthy living and provide people with nutritious and easy to make meals. My favorite thing about the book is that it is:
Not We like to think of it as a “RE-Introduction”. We all know HOW we should be eating, sometimes lose sight of how we should be doing it. Jane and I have created a 7 day meal plan that will eliminate common excuses:
- I don’t know how to cook
- I don’t know what to cook
- I don’t have time to cook
- I don’t want to eat diet food, its gross
All of our recipes are quick, easy, and delicious. The best part is literally ANYONE can cook this stuff. After 7 days, you will have reintroduced your body to the healthy foods it needs to feel best! You will feel amazing, look great, and be on your way to continuing with your healthy life! Can you tell I’m excited?!?!?!
My obsession with sriracha is no secret. I’ve seen some recipes for sriracha cauliflower on the internet and decided to develop my own recipe. I think they came out pretty darn good!
Cauliflower Sriracha Bites
- ½ head small cauliflower broken into pieces (about 2 cups cauliflower)
- ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 egg whites
- 3 TBS sriracha sauce *you may want to use more or less depending on your spice tolerance!
FOR THE SAUCE
- ⅓ cup yogurt (I used So Delicious Coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2½ Tablespoons nutritional yeast (Parm. cheese works great too!)
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse oats until a flour is formed.
- Transfer flour to a small bowl. Pour egg whites into a separate small bowl.
- Add sriracha sauce to the egg whites, mixing completely.
- Dip each individual cauliflowerette into the egg white/sriracha mixture, and then roll in the flour.
- Repeat until all of the pieces are coated.
- Place all pieces onto making sheet and bake for about 20minutes
- Flip, and cook for another 10 (this all depends on your oven so keep an eye on them).
- For the sauce: combine all ingredients and mix completely!Enjoy!!!
For someone as sriracha obsessed as I am, these were a real treat… and yes.. I ate every last bite. By myself… and I am not ashamed.
TILL NEXT TIME!!!!!