My wedding is 16 days, 12 hours, 51 minutes, and 11 seconds away, but whose really counting?! With the big day right around the corner, I have been trying to be extremely conscious of what I am eating. I want to feel and look amazing, and I know that the best way to do that is to be super strict for the next two weeks!
Well, what am I supposed to do if I am craving a delicious dessert?! The obvious answer: come up with a vegetable based, delicious concoction, that tastes EXACTLY like rice pudding! (DUHHHH)!!!!!
I use cauliflower rice all the time. It’s no secret that it is my favorite grain substitute:
Although I have used Cauliflower multiple times in savory dishes, I have never utilized it as a dessert ingredient…until yesterday!
Even I was skeptical when I was making this. I was sure that the cauliflower flavor would be too strong. I WAS SO WRONG!!! You can’t taste the cauliflower at all, and the pudding is creamy, chewy, and perfectly sweet. I was especially obsessed with the texture of this dessert. I seriously had a hard time not eating the whole thing while I was photographing! You may even see that I had to smooth out the pudding in some of the photos because I couldn’t resist sneaking bites!
This is the perfect dessert for someone who is watching their waste line. This rice pudding is fat free, paleo, vegetarian, gluten free, sugar free and AWESOME.
- 3½ cups Riced Cauliflower (I used trader joes pre-riced frozen cauliflower)
- 1 cup boxed coconut milk (almond, rice, etc will work too)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 packets stevia (or more depending on your sweet preference)
- ¼ cup Boxed egg whites
- Combine 1½ cup cauliflower with milk to a sauce pan, turn to medium heat
- add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer (about 4-5 minutes)
- add remaining ½ cup cauliflower until you get desired consistency (you may not use it all)
- turn flame to low
- stir constantly until thickened (about 4-5 minutes)
- Cover and allow to continues to thicken
- *It's best if you refrigerate over night!
If you are skeptical about this pudding, go make some so I can prove you wrong! SERIOUSLY! This is the definition of a GUILT FREE DESSERT… so go enjoy!